Our current lifestyle with all its benefits has also taken a toll on our bodies. Back pain and knee pain are too common. People use painkillers or over-the-counter ointments to counteract it. Some play down the discomfort they feel and get adapted to live with the pain. Only when the pain intensity increases, they feel the need to get physiotherapy done.
Though you don’t have to seek physiotherapy for every ache or injury you’ve sustained, in situations when the pain you experience is affecting your mobility you’ll benefit enormously from physiotherapy. Physiotherapy helps in restoring movement and function when affected by injury, illness or disability. If you are looking for a clinic in Almelo providing physiotherapy services, book an appointment with Acacia Fysio Plus Zorg. They offer customized care and provide effective treatment.
Find the right physiotherapist:
Verify qualifications: Ensure the physiotherapist is licensed and fully qualified. He/she should have graduated from an accredited educational institution. This ensures you are provided effective and advance treatment.
Relevant area of expertise: Physiotherapy is an extensive field. It is essential for the physiotherapists to be specialized in certain areas to guarantee effective service. Few of the specializations are:
- Musculoskeletal – Low back pain, sports injuries
- Neurological – Spinal cord injuries, Stroke
- Cardiovascular – Chronic heart disease, rehabilitation post attack
- Respiratory – Cystic fibrosis, Asthma, chronic pulmonary disease.
- Geriatric – Cancer, Arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease
- Pediatric – Focuses for infants and toddlers.
Location of clinic/hospital: Though location sounds like a minor priority, location convenience is important since physiotherapy is related to pain and mobility problems. If you are suffering from musculoskeletal problems, driving long distances may likely lead to pain aggravation. Choosing a physiotherapist employed at a closer proximity seems reasonable in such cases. Facilities offering wheel chair availability, ramps, and stretchers may also be taken into consideration.
Treatment method used:
Though you can blindly go by a reputed doctor’s advice, you may have preference towards a certain treatment method. Generally, physiotherapists use traditional massage and movement techniques but there is variety of treatment techniques available today including acupuncture, reflexology, shiatsu and hydrotherapy. You can enquire if a preferred treatment option is available.
The last thing you want is being put on a long waiting list when in pain. Choose a facility where physiotherapists provide prompt treatment.
Tips when approaching a sports physiotherapist for your sports related injuries:
- It is the responsibility of professional athletes to ask the physiotherapist to elaborate the treatment process. Make sure the medications prescribed don’t include substances banned by the sport.
- It is important to seek medical assistance at the earliest after an injury so that an accurate diagnosis can be made.
- Make the physiotherapist aware of your sports schedule so that they can work out a treatment plan accordingly and yet get back in track before your upcoming event.
It is important to take care of yourself. You don’t have to live with chronic pain. A physiotherapist speeds up the recovery process and helps you get back to normal.