Implantable Collamer Lens or ICL is a thin clear lens that is implanted into the eyes surgically as a long term solution that is also reversible. The icl singapore provides treatment for conditions like myopia (short-sightedness), Hyperopia (long-sightedness), and astigmatism.
What is ICL or implantable collamer lens?
- It is a lens similar to a contact lens but surgically implanted,
- unlike contact lens, it is not felt inside the eyes
- requires no maintenance
- though it is a permanent treatment, it can be removed if needed
- it is implanted in front of your natural lens and behind the iris
The benefits of implantable Collamer lens
There are several benefits of this implant, and a few are given below:
- it is a permanent solution with a very low risk
- your vision is clear, and your night vision improves
- need not depend on contact lens and glasses
How to prepare for ICL surgery
Here are a few things you need to remember before you go for an ICL surgery:
- avoid contact lenses a week before surgery or as directed by your ophthalmologist
- avoid wearing make-up or any perfumes on the day of surgery
- if you are on any medications, your doctor will tell you if it is safe to continue with them until the surgery
- Fasting of 5 hours is required before the surgery, but if you are a diabetes patient, the doctor will advise you about what you need to do.
The ICL is a simple surgery, and icl singapore has all the advanced pieces of equipment to conduct safe and fast surgery. The well-experienced ophthalmologist will do it with extreme accuracy and precision so that you can be out of the clinic in no time.
Comments are closed.